Google Analytics

Friday 26 February 2016

Courgetti with Feta and Tomatoes by Sonya Cisco

I am a terrible ‘do as I say, not as I do’ -er. While nagging my children to eat healthily, and sending them off with lunchboxes representing all the food groups, I am often found eating biscuits for my lunch. It is laziness really, the effort to cook or make something proper when it is just me feels like too much. What I need is quick easy lunches, that are healthy and tasty but take very little work. When I popped in the supermarket for some milk on the way home from the school run yesterday, I spotted a pot of ready to cook Courgetti, and knowing I had feta and tomatoes in the fridge, I decided to make myself something yummy for lunch.
Ingredients Courgetti – I cheated and bought some ready done as I don’t have a spiralizer (though this was so yummy I might actually buy one now!) – but this pack was the equivalent of 2 medium courgettes, which probably would have fed two as a lunch if I wasn’t so greedy! Baby plum tomatoes, or any tomatoes – about a dozen bite sized pieces – halved in this case, but quarters of bigger tomatoes would work just as well. 75g of Feta, cubed. Olive Oil A clove of garlic, crushed or chopped. Lemon juice – I used half a fresh lemon, but a squirt from a plastic lemon would work if you don’t have fresh to hand. To serve: salad and fresh bread to mop up the delicious juices.
roasted tomatoes and feta Method Pop the chopped tomatoes into a baking tray, drizzle with oil and lightly season. Pop into a hot oven (220 degrees) for about ten minutes, until soft and bubbling. add the feta for the last minute or two of cooking time so it is warmed through. Meanwhile add a tablespoon of olive oil to a frying pan, then stir fry the courgetti with the garlic for 3-4 minutes. You want some crunch, no soggy veg here. At the last moment add the squeeze of lemon, give it a quick stir and transfer the lot to your serving bowls/plates. Top with the tomatoes and feta. Stuff your face while making ‘mmmmm, why don’t I make lunches like this everyday’ type appreciative noises. courgetti with feta and tomatoes
Honestly this was the nicest thing I have eaten in ages, and it was so blinkin’ quick that there really is no excuse not to make myself something like this more often. I have had times where it has taken longer than that to break into a biscuit packet….. Love Miss Cisco XXX http://www.rocknrollmum.com/2016/02/courgetti-with-feta-and-tomatoes.html https://gillsonlinegems.myshopify.com

No comments:

Post a Comment